- This event has passed.
Ashtanga Hridayam: Dietary Guidelines and the Impact of Foods on the Mind-Body
September 5, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm PDT
An event every week that begins at 6:00pm on Wednesday, repeating until December 19, 2018
The Ashtanga Hridayam, the “Heart or Essence of all the Eight Branches of Ayurveda,” is one of the fundamental ancient root texts of Ayurveda. Today, the Ashtanga Hridayam continues to serve as a root source for Ayurvedic philosophy and protocol, providing clear guidelines in all aspects of health. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to study the practical and profound Ayurvedic principles straight from source with a Vedic scholar.
- Uncover the deepest meaning behind the Ayurvedic principles as outlined in the root ancient text by Vedic scholar, Dr. Vaidya Jayarajan
- Experience the richness and healing power of the ancient Sanskrit verses
- Build an authentic foundation of traditional Ayurvedic knowledge
- The six tastes: origins, functions in the mind-body plus taste attributes of common natural ingredients
- Understand the influence of Doshas, Dhatus (tissues) and Malas (wastes) on the mind-body
- Learn the problems caused by imbalanced Doshas and how they are best managed
- Discover the concept of Ojas (vitality) and its relationship with health
No prerequisite: this course is open to all students, be it your first time studying Ayurveda or if you are a practicing professional!