- This event has passed.
PK005: Panchakarma Practicum Level 2 – Purvakarma II and Shamana
November 13, 2020 @ 8:00 am - November 15, 2020 @ 6:00 pm PST
One event on November 13, 2020 at 8:00am
This second class in the practical series of the Panchakarma Technician certification continues the Purvakarma therapies introduced in the previous practical, and introduces Swedana and Shamana therapies. We’ll discuss a variety of case studies and evaluate, recommend and provide therapies for live cases.
- Anagneya Sweda (Sudation without heat):
- Upanaham (Oil and herbal paste).
- Agneya Sweda (Sudation with external heat).
- Tapa Swedam (Dry heat):
- Choorna Swedam (Powder bolus).
- Valuka Swedam (Sand bolus).
- Ushma sweda (Moist heat):
- Bashpa swedam (Steam bath).
- Pathra Potali Sweda (Leaf bolus)
- Jambira Pinda Sweda (Lemon bolus).
- Shashtika Pinda Sweda (Rice bolus).
- Snehana & Swedana (Oil & Heat):
- Choorna Pinda Swedam (Powder bolus with oil).
- Kayaseka (Pizhichil – The Royal Oil bath).
- Thakradhara (Shirodhara with herbalised buttermilk).
- Ksheeradhara (Shirodhara with herbalised milk).
- Kati Vasti (Warm oil retained on lower back).
- Greeva Vasti (Warm oil retained on neck).
- Janu vasti (Warm oil retained on knee).
Current Students & Makeups
To access this class or for assistance in setting up a makeup session, please contact Student Support at email@example.com.