Posted: September 15, 2021
Kerala Ayurveda Academy seeks a highly driven and organized Administrative Assistant to report to the Academy Manager. This position provides crucial support to the daily program services, student and alumni experience, as well as operational needs of the business.
The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience with administrative software and programs, with superb communication skills. They will be able to take direction as well as work independently, anticipate needs and proactively support fellow team members and customers. This integral role will streamline and collaborate across departments in a fast-paced work environment.
Qualifications & AVAILABILITY
- U.S. citizen.
- Local to Milpitas, CA and able to work in our Academy and Wellness Center.
- Available to work full days during weekend intensives – shifts are 2-3 days, including Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7:30am-6:30pm.
- Available for training prior to formal class moderation sessions.
$38,000-$42,000 depending on experience
Competencies & Skills
- Aligns with the core ethics of Kerala Ayurveda.
- Sets an example of compassionate care and works with high integrity.
- Functions in an organized fashion with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong written, phone, email and in-person communication skills.
- Possesses a calm, supportive demeanor.
- Capable of handling diverse needs of different individuals.
- Confident in troubleshooting challenges with technology.
- Offers a hands-on approach and is attuned to meeting the needs in a group environment.
- Proficient with digital technology and quick to learn new platforms.
- Experience with audio, visual and live streaming is a plus.
- Assist with internal communications, scheduling, meeting organization and general team correspondence.
- Assist with calendar management of teaching and student schedules.
- Organize data for state compliance and other regulatory agencies.
- Prepare and distribute documents for academy functions with outside vendors, contractors, and student relations.
- Create student materials such as course syllabi, catalogs, schedules, online materials, and video class recordings, in coordination with the Sales & Marketing Department.
- Schedule and coordinate the registration process for Academy workshop, classes and events
- Create and work on new Academy programs
- Collaborate with the Academy team to ensure all course content and materials are updated and electronic materials function properly.
- Assist with documentation of policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise
- Provide quality control and evaluation analysis of student materials
- Additional duties as assigned by the Academy Manager.