Kerala Ayurveda Academy seeks a highly driven and organized administrative assistant to work in the Student Services Department. The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience with Microsoft Office and G Suite, admin software and CRM. Experience with video editing is a plus. Must demonstrate superb communication skills, be able to work independently, follow directions and streamline and collaborate across departments in a fast-paced work environment. This position will begin part time with the potential of becoming full time with the right candidate.
- U.S. citizen.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in an administrative capacity in an office setting. Preferred experience in education.
Competencies & Skills
- Aligns with the core ethics of Kerala Ayurveda.
- Sets an example of compassionate care and works with high integrity.
- Functions in an organized fashion with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong written, phone, email and in-person communication skills.
- Possess excellent time management skills and can manage simultaneous projects and tasks.
- Capable of working collaboratively as well as independently.
- Confident in streamlining workflow across departments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
- Proficient with G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Slides, Docs, Sheets), admin software and CRM.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Assist with internal communications, scheduling, meeting organization and general team correspondence.
- Assist Student Services team with customer service including answering the phone, checking messages and responding to email inquiries.
- Maintain and organize academy records, including student files.
- Prepare and distribute documents for academy functions with outside vendors, contractors and student relations.
- Generate and maintain reports tracking student progress.
- Oversee student events and classes, including staff communications, documentation, personnel coordination and facility management.
- Maintain student materials such as course syllabi, catalogs, schedules, online materials and video class recordings, in coordination with Sales & Marketing Department.
- Submit student manual requests and oversee shipping.
- Collaborate with academy team to ensure all course content and materials are updated and electronic materials function properly.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Student Services Manager or Academy Manager.