Sector: Academy, Wellness & Product – Marketing
Posted: May 18, 2022
Kerala Ayurveda USA welcomes a new member to our marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with communications and marketing skills, as well as a passion for holistic wellness.
The Marketing Assistant will work closely with our Academy and Wellness team and contribute in a strong way during key development phases of our growth. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is hands on, willing to learn and holds our global vision for sharing and spreading the wisdom of Ayurveda. We invite a team player with a strategic mind, strong organizational, coordination and communication skills.
Education and/or experience in marketing or communications is required. Ayurvedic knowledge is preferred though not required. This position is available for remote applicants, though preferred candidate will be local to Milpitas, CA for working in the office part-time, supporting content acquisition, outreach and events.
Qualifications & AVAILABILITY
- Part time – 20 hours per week with some availability business days M-F.
- U.S. Citizen. This can be a remote position.
- Occasional weekends and travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or minimum 2 years of experience working in a related field.
- Ayurveda foundational knowledge required.
Competencies & Skills
- Aligns with the core ethics of Kerala Ayurveda.
- Sets an example of compassionate care and works with high integrity.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work under short deadlines and flexible priorities.
- Results driven, collaborative spirit and hands-on.
- Passionate about holistic health and willingness to learn Ayurveda.
- Exceptional written, phone, email and in-person communication skills.
- Understanding of core marketing strategy principles.
- Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram), marketing email clients and CMS platforms.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel), Adobe Suite and G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Slides, Docs, Sheets), admin software and CRM.
- Work under supervision of Digital Marketing Manager for the Academy, Wellness Center and Product sectors.
- Work alongside Marketing and Sales team as assigned to implement marketing campaigns for reaching maximum sales targets.
- Collaborate with other departments and vendors on product and service packaging, audience definition and collateral management.
- Provide input on strategy, project timelines and deliverables.
- Assist in creation of target audiences, campaigns and promotions.
- Streamline and crosscheck marketing content for accuracy on a regular basis and help coordinate required updates.
- Proofread and copyedit marketing content and administrative copy. Strong writing skills are required for this position and applications must include writing samples.
- Maintain and organize department documents, including financial, policy and procedures, forms and templates.
- Complete market research and reports to support academic and wellness program development.
- Assist with updates to marketing material including social media content, website content, eblasts and presentations.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing Manager for results reporting and tracking.
- Research and facilitate updates to systems and software used by Marketing Department.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Digital Marketing Manager.
Applications are closed
We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.