Sector: Academy & Wellness – Marketing
Posted: September 15, 2020
Kerala Ayurveda USA welcomes a new member to our marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with communications and marketing skills, as well as a passion for holistic wellness.
The Marketing Assistant will work closely with our Academy and Wellness team and contribute in a strong way during key development phases of our growth. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is hands on, willing to learn and holds our global vision for sharing and spreading the wisdom of Ayurveda. We invite a team player with a strategic mind, strong organizational, coordination and communication skills.
Education and/or experience in marketing or communications is required. Ayurvedic knowledge is preferred though not required. This position is available for remote applicants, though preferred candidate will be local to Milpitas, CA for working in the office part-time, supporting content acquisition, outreach and events.
Qualifications & AVAILABILITY
- Part time.
- Local to Milpitas, CA preferred but not required.
- Some weekends and travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or minimum 2 years of experience working in a related field.
- Ayurveda foundational knowledge preferred but not required. Study packages available.
Competencies & Skills
- Aligns with the core ethics of Kerala Ayurveda.
- Sets an example of compassionate care and works with high integrity.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work under short deadlines and flexible priorities.
- Results driven, collaborative spirit and hands-on.
- Passionate about holistic health and willingness to learn Ayurveda.
- Exceptional written, phone, email and in-person communication skills.
- Understanding of core marketing strategy principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel), Adobe Suite and G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Slides, Docs, Sheets), admin software and CRM.
- Work under supervision of Marketing Manager for the Academy and Wellness Center.
- Work alongside Sales and Business Development team as assigned to implement marketing campaigns for reaching maximum sales targets.
- Collaborate with other departments and vendors on product and service packaging, audience definition and collateral management.
- Provide input on strategy, project timelines and deliverables.
- Assist in creation of target audiences, campaigns and promotions.
- Streamline and crosscheck marketing content for accuracy on a regular basis and help coordinate required updates.
- Proofread marketing content and administrative copy.
- Maintain and organize department documents, including financial, policy and procedures, forms and templates.
- Complete market research and reports to support academic and wellness program development.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager for results reporting and tracking.
- Research and facilitate updates to systems and software used by Marketing Department.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Marketing Manager.