Department: Marketing, Academy & Wellness Center
Posted: Jan 8, 2020
Kerala Ayurveda USA welcomes a new creative to our team. This is an exciting Kerala Ayurveda USA welcomes a new creative to our team. This is an exciting opportunity for a communications and content curator with a passion for holistic wellness.
The Marketing Assistant will work closely with our Ayurvedic program, service and product development team and contribute in a strong way during key development phases of our growth. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is hands on, willing to learn and holds our global vision for sharing and spreading the wisdom of Ayurveda. We invite a team player with strong design, media and content development skills, a lover of stories, research and the power of content to transform lives.
Education and/or experience in marketing or communications is required. Ayurvedic knowledge is strongly preferred, and a willingness to learn is required. Preferred candidate will be local to Milpitas, CA for working in the office part-time, supporting content acquisition, outreach and events.
- Local to Milpitas, CA preferred for part-time work on-site
- Available for occasional weekends and travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or minimum 2 years of experience working in a related field.
- Level I certification or foundational knowledge of Ayurveda preferred.
Competencies & Skills
- Aligns with the core ethics of Kerala Ayurveda.
- Sets an example of compassionate care and works with high integrity.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work under urgent deadlines and flexible priorities.
- Results driven, collaborative spirit and hands-on.
- Proven ability to create original, high performance marketing content.
- Skilled photo editor and graphic designer for digital and print format.
- Social media content development.
- Passionate about holistic health and willingness to learn Ayurveda.
- Exceptional written, phone, email and in-person communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel), Adobe Suite and G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Slides, Docs, Sheets), admin software and CRM.
- Video production and photography experience preferred.
- Experience with WordPress or other CMS platforms, HTML/CSS preferred but not required.
- Work under supervision of Marketing Manager for all business sectors of Kerala Ayurveda USA: Academy & Wellness Center and Products.
- Work alongside Sales and Business Development team as assigned to implement marketing campaigns for reaching maximum sales targets.
- Collaborate with other departments on product and service packaging, audience definition and collateral management.
- Provide input on strategy, project timelines and deliverables.
- Design, edit and strategize rich visual content for marketing campaigns including eblasts, social media posts and ads.
- Streamline and crosscheck marketing content for accuracy on a regular basis and help coordinate required updates.
- Update and catalog marketing content across all platforms including digital and print.
- Coordinate marketing effort for events including material development and delivery, merchandise, supplies and display.
- Support on-site at marketing events as needed.
- Support maintenance and organization of department policy and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Marketing Manager.