Sector: Academy & Wellness – Marketing
Posted: November 17, 2022
Kerala Ayurveda USA welcomes a new creative to our team. This is an exciting opportunity for an Ayurvedic student or practitioner who is also a skilled content creator.
The Creative Assistant will work closely with our Academy team and strongly contribute to the creation and distribution of our Academy and Wellness sector marketing content. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable of Ayurvedic science and share our global vision for spreading the wisdom of Ayurveda. They are confident in crafting, polishing and distributing both print and digital content across various platforms.
The role requires experience with website updating, graphic design and copywriting. Daily tasks will include development of marketing material including existing webpage updates, landing page development, email and social media campaign content, presentation decks and brochure design.
Education and/or experience in Marketing or Communications as well as Ayurveda is required. This position is available for remote applicants, though proximity to visit our Milpitas, CA location is preferred for supporting content acquisition.
Qualifications & AVAILABILITY
- 20-30 hours per week
- Local to Milpitas, CA preferred.
- Remote + some weekends and travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Design or minimum 2 years of experience working in a related field.
- Ayurveda foundational knowledge including a foundation in the Ayurvedic definition of health, elements, Doshas and seasonal routines.
- Photography and film experience appreciated.
$24 per hour
Competencies & Skills
- Aligns with the core ethics of Kerala Ayurveda.
- Sets an example of compassionate care and works with high integrity.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work under urgent deadlines and flexible priorities.
- Results-driven, creative mind and collaborative spirit.
- Passionate about indigenous medicine and traditional Ayurveda.
- Excellent written, phone, email and in-person communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel), and G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Slides, Docs, Sheets).
- Experience with social media and email automation (we use Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, Loomly).
- Experience with WordPress or other CMS platforms for web content creation and updating. HTML/CSS experience preferred but not required.
- Skilled designer capable of producing high resolution and vector graphics for print, as well as experience or agility to learn Canva for digital media.
- Work under supervision of Marketing Manager for the Academy and Wellness Center, with support as needed for the Product sector.
- Work alongside the Marketing and Sales team as assigned to implement marketing campaigns for reaching maximum sales targets.
- Collaborate with other departments and vendors on product and service packaging, audience definition and collateral management.
- Catalog marketing content across all platforms including digital and print.
- Update and create website content in WordPress database such as course listings, links, landing pages and banners.
- Set up, design, edit and strategize rich email marketing campaigns with creative content support.
- Maintain and design both digital and print marketing materials including brochures, signs, course catalogs and ads.
- Design social media content including reels, carousels and posts.
- Set up webinar registration.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Marketing Manager.
This is a Part Time position and not eligible for a Full Time Benefits package, though Kerala Ayurveda offers Part Time employees discounts on our educational programs, wellness programs and products.
How to apply
Send your cover letter, resume and samples of your work to Jamila, Creative Communications Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications without work samples will not be considered. Good luck!