The Practical Immersion is a 4-day hands-on learning experience designed to supplement the level I Ayurvedic Wellness Counselor certification program curriculum for distance learning students.
The immersion includes the AWC Weekend Intensive Module KAA 111 – Clinical Management, Review and Closing Ceremony, plus with two additional days covering material from previous modules in the program.
Who should take this program
Prerequisites & Enrollment Policy
- The program runs twice per year and is open to AWC students enrolled in our Distance Learning program.
- Each Practical Immersion is scheduled in association with a specific AWC session and is designed to provide optimal hands-on learning to complement the studies of the online learner.
- Priority registration is initially limited to students from that Practical Immersion’s respective AWC session. After the priority registration deadline ends, AWC students & alumni from previous AWC sessions may register.
- Students who enrolled in the AWC program after the Fall 2016 session may attend at no additional cost to their tuition
- Students & alumni who enrolled prior to the Fall 2016 session may join at the tuition rate of $500
Thursday & Friday: 9:00am-5:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am-6:00pm (AWC Weekend Intensive Module KAA 111)
Applied aspects of Ayurvedic Assessment and Counseling
- Nutrition & Cooking
- Cooking process
Herbs & Formulations
- Single herbs
- Making formulations
Yoga, Breathing, Meditation
- Customization based on Ayurvedic principles
Ayurvedic Bodywork Techniques
- Types of techniques include: Rukshana, Snehana, Swedana, Sodhana, Udwartana
- Specific techniques include: Abhyanga (Head, Face, Feet, Body), Kati Vasti, Shirodhara, Lepa, Pichu, Upanaham, Choornasweda
- Asking questions
- Observation: skin, eye, tongue, nail, hair, structure/stature
- Touch: Pulse
- Counselor-rogi interactions
- Do’s and Don’ts during counseling
- Clear understanding about the Scope of Practice
- Differentiating when to refer to Ayurvedic Practioner/Doctor
- Consulting/counseling under supervision