class begins october 10
Ayurveda, the science of life, has been continuously practiced for thousands of years. It is a universal science of all life that can complement all other healing modalities, as well as enhance any career. If you want to lead a more holistic life, improve your wellbeing, and become an exceptional human being, Ayurveda provides a powerful foundation for you and those you coach to reach your highest potential. You’ll study a comprehensive curriculum of authentic Ayurvedic principles based on the root texts including the mind-body-spirit connection, Ayurvedic physiology, cooking, nutrition, seasonal principles and Yoga. This program offers maximum flexibility with multiple format options, both in person and 100% online learning.
The first 6 modules of this program are transferrable to our 1-year, 600-hour Ayurvedic Health Counselor (AHC) program. Both HAC and AHC programs are beginner level certifications with professional potential and are prerequisites to our more advanced Ayurvedic Practitioner (AP) and Ayurvedic Doctor (AD) programs.
Who Should Take This Course
High school diploma or equivalent.
No former knowledge of Ayurveda is required to join this program – we begin with the fundamentals of Ayurveda.
Scope of Practice
Upon graduation, Ayurvedic Wellness Coaches are able to:
- Conduct Ayurvedic lifestyle consultations
- Assist clients in harmonizing mind-body-spirit
- Determine and analyze a client’s unique Body Constitution
- Advise clients on dietary, seasonal, daily, and nightly routines
- Educate on Ayurvedic principles
For more detail, please see the complete Scope of Practice: Holistic Ayurvedic Coach.
Professional possibilities as an HAC graduate
- All Graduates can start a wellness coaching business or align with other wellness professionals to create an integrative practice.
- Licensed Healthcare Practitioners and Healers from all backgrounds can apply their Ayurvedic knowledge to enhance their current practice.
- Massage Therapists and Bodyworkers can expand/deepen their offering by incorporating Ayurvedic techniques.
- Estheticians in skin and beauty may enhance their treatments, services, and products.
- Freelance Writers may launch Ayurvedic publications, publish articles, or create blog content.
- Research-Savvy Students may get involved in Ayurvedic research projects. The Office of Alternative Medicine funds many research projects in holistic healthcare.
- Entrepreneurs may develop products, open wellness centers, spas, or resorts.
- Students in Academics may teach or deepen their education with more continued studies. Kerala Ayurveda Academy offers advanced programs in continuing education in the U.S. as well as programs in Kerala Ayurveda Academic Facilities in Cochin and Bangalore, India.
*These possibilities vary according to the level of professional education in Ayurveda.
The Holistic Ayurvedic Coach (HAC) certification program is designed for those who are passionate about maintaining optimal quality of life, want to ensure longevity for themselves and want to guide their family, friends, and communities. Students will gain knowledge on necessary principles and natural tools to maintain quality health. These tools include a comprehensive Ayurvedic nutritional education (Ahara), daily routines and lifestyle practices to optimize health (Vihar), as well as a clear understanding of the mind and thought processes (Vichara) and their relationship to wellbeing.
- 6 months
- 300 Total Hours
- 6 Weekend Intensives – in person or live streamed*
- 1-Day Clinical Practicum – in person or live streamed*
- 12 Tuesday Virtual Classes*
- 5 Group Mentoring Sessions*
- Online Recorded Lectures – elearning*- self-paced
- Assignments – elearning* – self-paced
* Internet connection required. Live streamed sessions are recorded for later viewing.
All Online Format
|All live classes are attended via live streaming||Weekend Intensive classes can be attended in person or live streamed|
Ayurveda’s emphasis on lifestyle and routine can have a profound positive impact on those who practice its wisdom. The HAC program features a comprehensive curriculum designed to give the individual in-depth knowledge and understanding of the philosophy, principles, theory, and practical application of Ayurvedic preventive care. The course curriculum is based on the classical Ayurvedic texts, offering a traditional education in the Vedic system of knowledge.
The emphasis of the HAC program is on healthy living and prevention of disease. At this level, students learn Ayurvedic theory and its practical applications. They are encouraged to apply the principles to their own lives and share with others. Over the course of the program, students gain a variety of skills in Ayurvedic lifestyle practices as well as assessment of individual mind-body constitution. After skills training in Ayurvedic coaching and deepening their knowledge of Ayurveda’s guidelines for health prevention, students gain confidence in applying what they have learned in client settings.
Delivery of the program
The HAC program covers both theoretical and practical training, including a blend of online learning, in person hands-on training experience, clinical encounters and assignments. Live classroom sessions and a 1-day hands-on clinical practicum are supplemented by online recorded lectures on our elearning platform.
- The history of Ayurvedic science
- A holistic definition of health
- The elements and Doshas
- Ayurvedic physiology and psychology
- Seasonal guidelines and health prevention science
- Cooking and nutrition
- Yoga and managing the mind
For more information about the curriculum, please consult the course catalog.
In person & convenient Online Learning
With a robust elearning system, Kerala Ayurveda Academy connects a global community of students of Ayurveda, providing them with ease and flexibility of home study. In person sessions are held at Kerala Ayurveda Academy & Wellness Center in Milpitas, CA, and satellite locations across the U.S.
All classes are live streamed and recorded for later viewing. Whether students choose to participate in the All Online or Hybrid Format, they may revisit the online archived classes later at their convenience.
1-Day Clinical Practicum
This small group practical provides the opportunity to practice clinical techniques with supervised guidance, honing coaching skills utilizing all the tools learned thus far.
Kerala Ayurveda Academy offers a premier faculty of doctors and practitioners with vast clinical expertise and experience in teaching, research and practice in several clinical settings, including Ayurvedic hospitals and centers in India.
For more information about our Faculty, please visit our Faculty page.
Student & Alumni Services
At Kerala Ayurveda Academy, our students are for life! Guidance and support is available through completion of the program and beyond.
During the HAC program
- During the live streamed classes, online students can interact directly with class moderators and faculty.
- Mentors are assigned to all students so they can receive guidance and support from Kerala Ayurveda’s seasoned practitioners.
- Student Support is available anytime to assist with educational service planning and tuition management.
For graduates: alumni benefits
- Continued access to curriculum
- Discounts on educational programs, products, and wellness services
- Feature listing in our online Ayurvedic health provider database – coming soon!