Ayurveda, the science of life, has been continuously practiced for thousands of years. It is a universal science of all life that can complement all other healing modalities, as well as enhance any career. If you want to lead a more holistic life, improve your well-being and become an exceptional human being, Ayurveda provides a powerful foundation for you and those you coach to reach your highest potential. You’ll study a comprehensive curriculum of authentic Ayurvedic principles based on the root texts including the mind-body-spirit connection, Ayurvedic physiology, cooking, nutrition, seasonal principles and Yoga.
This program includes the first half of our level I Ayurvedic Health Counselor (AHC) program. By enrolling as a Holistic Ayurvedic Coach, you’re eligible to seamlessly transition into our Advanced Professional Certification training should you wish to continue your education.
Who Should Take This Course
High school diploma or equivalent.
No former of knowledge of Ayurveda is required to join this program – we begin with the fundamentals of Ayurveda.
Scope of Practice
Upon graduation, Ayurvedic Wellness Counselors are able to:
- Conduct Ayurvedic lifestyle consultations
- Assist clients in harmonizing mind-body-spirit
- Determine and analyze a client’s unique Body Constitution
- Advise clients on dietary, seasonal, daily and nightly routines
- Educate on Ayurvedic principles
For more detail, please see the complete Scope of Practice: Holistic Ayurvedic Coach.
Professional applications as an HAC graduate
- All graduates can start a wellness practice business or align with other wellness professionals to create an integrative practice.
- Licensed Healthcare Practitioners & Healers from all backgrounds can apply their Ayurvedic knowledge to enhance their current practice.
- Massage Therapists & Bodyworkers can expand/deepen their offering by incorporating Ayurvedic techniques.
- Estheticians in skin and beauty may enhance their treatments, services and products.
- Freelance Writers may launch Ayurvedic publications.
- Research-savvy Students may get involved in Ayurvedic research projects. The Office of Alternative Medicine funds many research projects in holistic healthcare.
- Entrepreneurs may develop products, open wellness centers, spas or resorts.
- Students in Academics may teach or deepen their education with more continued studies. Kerala Ayurveda Academy offers advanced programs in continuing education in the U.S. as well as programs in Kerala Ayurveda Academic Facilities in Cochin and Bangalore, India.
The Holistic Ayurvedic Coach (HAC) certification program is designed for those who are passionate about maintaining optimal quality of life, want to ensure longevity for themselves and want to guide their family, friends and communities. Students will gain knowledge on necessary principles and natural tools to maintain quality health. These tools include a comprehensive Ayurvedic nutritional education (Ahara), daily routines and lifestyle practices to optimize health (Vihar), as well as a clear understanding of the mind and thought processes (Vichara) and their relationship to well-being.
- 6 months
- 300 Total Hours
- 6 Weekend Intensives – in-class or live streamed* – Sat-Sun 8am-6pm Pacific
- 12 Tuesday Virtual Classes* – 2 hours from 5:30-7:30pm Pacific
- Online Recorded Lectures – elearning*
- Assignments – elearning*
- 6-Day Practical Immersion – in-class or live streamed**
* Internet connection required. Live streamed sessions are recorded for later viewing.
**In-class attendance required for NAMA Professional Membership at the AHC level (if student pursues the next level of certification).
The Holistic Ayurvedic Coach certification program covers both theoretical and practical training, including a blend of online learning, in-class hands-on training experience, clinical encounters and assignments. Classroom sessions consist of 6 in-class and live streamed weekend intensive modules, an in-class and live streamed Practical Immersion, and 12 live streamed Tuesday evening sessions, supplemented by online recorded lectures on our elearning platform and assignments.
- The history of Ayurvedic science
- A holistic definition of health
- The elements and Doshas
- Ayurvedic physiology and psychology
- Seasonal guidelines and health prevention science
- Cooking and nutrition
- Yoga and managing the mind
For more information about the curriculum, please consult the course catalog.
In-Class & Convenient Online Learning
With a robust elearning system, Kerala Ayurveda Academy connects a global community of students of Ayurveda, providing them with ease and flexibility of home study. In-Class sessions are held at Kerala Ayurveda Academy & Wellness Center in Milpitas, CA and satellite locations across the U.S.
All classes, including the 6 Weekend Intensives , 12 Tuesday Virtual Classes and 6-Day Practical Immersion, are live streamed and recorded for later viewing. Whether students choose to participate in the program in-class or only online, they may revisit the online archived classes later at their convenience. All students live stream the Tuesday Virtual Classes on Tuesday evenings.
The Practical Immersion is a 6-day hands-on learning experience designed for online learning students who have attended the weekend intensives via live streaming. It includes the HAC Weekend Intensive KAA 106, with three additional days covering material from previous modules in the program.
This 6-day intensive focuses on the primary Ayurvedic lifestyle recommendations which will be taught under the guidance of an Ayurvedic Doctor (Vaidya). Additional topics include:
- Detailed review of the health intake process
- How to utilize health intake information
- Understanding and practice of Prakriti assessment
- Guided Ayurvedic coaching with live case
For more information about the Practical Immersion, please consult the course catalog.
Kerala Ayurveda Academy offers a premier faculty of doctors and practitioners with vast clinical expertise and experience in teaching, research and practice in several clinical settings, including Ayurvedic hospitals and centers in India.
For more information about our Faculty, please visit our Faculty page.