For Level II Ayurvedic Practitioners
Advanced clinical training
5 days - in person only
Immerse yourself in the practice of Ayurveda at a fully operational wellness center under the master guidance of our experienced Ayurvedic Doctors (BAMS).
All Ayurvedic students welcome
Who should take this program?
- Graduate or enrolled Ayurvedic Practitioner (AP) student with four modules of studies completed (through KAA204 – for more details, please consult the course catalog found on the AP course page)
- Graduate or student (on clinical topics) of an equivalent program. Students from outside schools are required to submit an application before registering so we can verify prerequisites.
What can I do with my U.S. Internship training?
- Ayurvedic students on a professional track may satisfy clinical training hours required for their program.
- Graduates of professional Ayurvedic programs may earn continuing education credits and hone their skills as a clinician.
- Shadow some of the most experienced Ayurvedic Doctors in the field for expert mentorship and guidance as you develop your practice.
- Join a Wellness team and gain valuable experience working with live cases.
Schedule & Format
What is the format for the U.S. Internship?
This program is offered in one-week segments, Monday through Friday, from 8:00am – 6:00pm.
Upcoming Session dates:
April 1-15, 2024
September 23 – October 7, 2024
October 21 – Nov 4, 2024
For detailed information on our U.S. and India Internship formats and requirements, download our Internship Guide.
Kerala Ayurveda Academy & Wellness CEnter
Our flagship U.S. Academy and Wellness Center is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, nestled between the golden-green East Bay Hills, majestic Santa Cruz Mountains and beautiful San Francisco Bay.
The Kerala Ayurveda office is located on the second floor and includes a spacious classroom for lectures, conference room, consultation and Panchakarma rooms, Wellness lounge for our clients and Panchakarma kitchen/restrooms for treatment use. Our building offers additional conference and auditorium spaces.
Tea and spring water station
Break room with refrigerator storage
Ample parking spaces.
The center is located near several hotels, restaurants and shopping centers, with widely available ride sharing options. Nearby airports include: San Jose International (SJC), San Francisco International (SFO) and Oakland International (OAK). Our Student Support team can provide more information and local guidance for planning your visit.
Need more information or ready to join us?
Consultation, Clinical Assessment & Chikitsa
The core of the India Internship involves clinical assessment and skills training on development of Chikitsa protocol. Interns will work on implementation of protocol and follow-up procedures for live cases.
Herbology & Formulations
Bhaishajya Kalpana or herbs and formulations are covered as part of the Chikitsa protocol. Discussion of herbs, herbal blends, formulations and dosage is applied to real cases. Training locations offer onsite Ayurvedic pharmacies with Kerala Ayurveda's high quality, traditionally prepared herbs and formulations.
The Health Village and Ayurvedagram offer award-winning Panchakrma programs and services. Interns will explore how to assess client needs for detoxification and implement a complete Panchakarma Protocol.
Practice expanding your counseling abilities to connect with and serve as a trusted guide with your clients.
6 Case Papers with case history, assessment, Samprapti & Chikitsa are required to complete the India Internship.