Work with us
At Kerala Ayurveda Academy & Wellness Center, it is our aim to preserve the authenticity of Ayurveda in the U.S. To better support our community, we continue to expand our programs, services and product offerings. It is truly heartwarming for us to see the increasing demand for more natural solutions.
Kerala Ayurveda USA is a subsidiary of Kerala Ayurveda Limited in India. With deep roots in the birthplace of Ayurveda, Kerala Ayurveda comprises a global team of holistic-minded individuals, working with compassionate care to help create positive shifts in the lives of others.
Our industry in the U.S. is both pioneering and growing. It is an exciting time to work in Ayurveda and an opportunity for highly motivated individuals to contribute to a greater cause. We seek skilled and passionate individuals who align with the core ethics of Ayurveda and our institution: community, sustainable solutions and wellness, naturally.
Posted: Jan 8, 2020
The Wellness Center Receptionist serves as a primary point of contact and support for guests during their experience. They are responsible for performing the day-to-day operations of the Wellness Center while maintaining a friendly, effective and efficient atmosphere. This is a front-facing, customer service driven position that requires an excellent communicator, welcoming personality and administrative multitasker.
- Local to Milpitas, CA and available to work on-site full time 40 hours per week.
- College degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience working in a Wellness Center, Spa or Medical Office preferred.
Competencies & Skills
- Aligns with the core ethics of Kerala Ayurveda.
- Excellent communication skills including command of the English language in written, oral and electronic communications.
- Technologically focused: experience with CRM, retail POS, Microsoft Office and Google Suite required.
- Customer Service training and experience.
- Able to multitask and handle challenging scenarios with ease.
- Light accounting, inventory and general “housekeeping” for the office.
- Greet guests and schedule appointments for Wellness services with accuracy.
- Maintain complete confidentiality in all guest matters in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure a clean and well-organized work area, delivering excellent communication and administration services
- Ensure adequate stock of supplies and equipment, keeping inventory and reorder as necessary.
- Enroll guests in special programs or memberships. Actively promote the Wellness Center, treatments, services, consultations and retail, as well as programs, promotions and discounts when available.
- Provide detailed descriptions of Wellness treatments, packages, services, facility features, and hours of operation.
- Provide excellent communication and professionalism with phone, email, and verbal responses and requests.
- Receive payments for goods and services and properly account for all transactions and money. Reconcile daily sales, deposits, and receipts as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures and Protocols.
- Ensure that the check-in and payment processes are handled in accordance with company policy by processing cash, credit card, and transactions accurately
- Maintain facility by checking equipment, stocking supplies and performing light cleaning.
- Ensure proper coverage of reception when it is necessary to leave the area.
- Assist as needed with lifting and storing equipment, product displays, and preparing for special events.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.