Work with us
At Kerala Ayurveda Academy & Wellness Center, it is our aim to preserve the authenticity of Ayurveda in the U.S. To better support our community, we continue to expand our programs, services and product offerings. It is truly heartwarming for us to see the increasing demand for more natural solutions.
Kerala Ayurveda USA is a subsidiary of Kerala Ayurveda Limited in India. With deep roots in the birthplace of Ayurveda, Kerala Ayurveda comprises a global team of holistic-minded individuals, working with compassionate care to help create positive shifts in the lives of others.
Our industry in the U.S. is both pioneering and growing. It is an exciting time to work in Ayurveda and an opportunity for highly motivated individuals to contribute to a greater cause. We seek skilled and passionate individuals who align with the core ethics of Ayurveda and our institution: community, sustainable solutions and wellness, naturally.
Posted: Jan 8, 2020
Our Wellness Center welcomes an integral position in our healing network. The Apothecary Coordinator position is based at our Academy & Wellness Center in Milpitas, CA and requires a full time commitment. We seek a core team player who will assume responsibility for all aspects of our retail product business at the Milpitas Wellness Center. The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator, efficiently working alongside fellow team members, sharing product information,and supporting our expanding product sector.
Key areas of development for this role will include the creation, organization, support and maintenance of Wellness, Apothecary and Academy Alumni and Student promotions. They will work closely with the SuVeda (Kerala Ayurveda) Product team to optimize product sales.
- Local to Milpitas, CA and available to work on-site full time 40 hours per week.
- College degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience.
- Prior experience in retail software and/or database management.
- Preferred 2-4 years of product retail experience.
- Previous experience in a wellness center, Ayurveda or herbal knowledge is a plus.
Competencies & Skills
- Aligns with the core ethics of Kerala Ayurveda.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Takes initiative when problems arise.
- Superb customer service, pleasant demeanor and enthusiasm for helping others.
- Attention to detail and capable of prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and excellent organizational skills
- Support and contribute to team goals.
- Facilitate all daily product sales and fulfillment requirements.
- Fulfill orders in person and online for shipment and cultivate a positive relationship with customers.
- Answer inquiries about products and work in tandem with the Wellness Center Reception and Practitioner teams for maximum customer satisfaction.
- Maintain product inventory tracking, reordering and stocking in coordination with Wellness Center service and Academy program supply needs.
- Maintain product and customer data,
- Collaborate with the Sales, Marketing and Business Development teams on product development and customer support strategy.
- Cross-training with Wellness Center Reception functions as needed.
- Train and supervise Apothecary Assistant and Interns.