Gain the tools and knowledge you need to ignite the healer within you. Our level I program is both an educational journey and personal transformation with profound professional potential. With flexible in class and online formats, you’ll study a comprehensive curriculum designed to provide the individual in-depth knowledge and understanding in the philosophy, principles, theory and practical application of Ayurvedic preventive care.
Who Should Take This Course
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- It is important for Ayurvedic students of professional programs to have adequate knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology (A&P). The equivalent of 6 college level Anatomy & Physiology credits are required. It’s not required to complete the A&P course prior to enrollment in this course; it can be taken simultaneously as a corequisite, as long as it is completed for certification. If you need to satisfy the A&P corequisite, we offer a partner course you can take entirely online. Students are required to provide proof of A&P course completion to receive this certification. To view our partner course or submit your corequisite documentation, click here to learn more >
No former of knowledge of Ayurveda is required to join this program – we begin with the fundamentals of Ayurveda.
Scope of Practice
Upon graduation, Ayurvedic Health Counselors are able to:
- Determine and analyze a client’s unique Body Constitution
- Conduct Ayurvedic lifestyle consultations
- Give Ayurvedic guidance on Daily Routines, Pranayama and Meditation
- Offer guidance on special Ayurvedic therapies and home remedies
For more detail, please see the complete Scope of Practice: Ayurvedic Health Counselor.
Professional applications as an AHC graduate
- Graduates may run a client-based business offering Ayurvedic Wellness Counseling, either as a sole proprietor, by joining an existing wellness center, or partnering with other like-minded healers to form an integrative wellness practice.
- Graduates may consult with other healthcare providers or like-minded businesses.
- Licensed Healthcare Professionals and Alternative Healers from all modalities may enhance their existing practice by combining it with Ayurveda.
- Yoga Instructors and Therapists may enhance their classes and sessions with Ayurvedic Yoga, seasonal and personalized solutions.
- Massage Therapists and Bodyworkers can open Panchakarma centers or apply Ayurveda to enhance their practice for deeper, customized healing.
- Estheticians in skin and beauty may enhance their treatments, services and products with Ayurveda’s natural and personalized approach.
- Freelance Writers may launch Ayurvedic publications.
- Research-savvy Students may get involved in Ayurvedic research projects. The Office of Alternative Medicine funds many research projects in holistic healthcare.
- Entrepreneurs may develop products or open wellness centers, spas or resorts.
- Students in Academics may teach or deepen their education with more continued studies. Kerala Ayurveda Academy offers advanced programs in continued education in the U.S. as well as programs in Kerala Ayurveda Academic Facilities in Cochin and Bangalore, India.
The Ayurvedic Health Counselor 600 Hour certificate program focuses on the first goal of Ayurveda: To preserve the health of the healthy. This year-long program provides students with a comprehensive Ayurvedic education. Upon completion, one will be able to practice as an Ayurvedic Health Counselor providing clients with practical information on wellness and the prevention of disease.
- 1 Year
- 600 Total Hours
- 11 Weekend Intensives – live streamed*
- 28 Tuesday Virtual Classes – live streamed*
- 11 Mentoring Sessions – live streamed*
- Online Recorded Lectures – elearning*
- Assignments – elearning*
- 3-Day Practical Immersion – in-class
*Internet connection required. Live streamed sessions are recorded for later viewing.
Ayurveda’s emphasis on diet and lifestyle can have a profound positive impact on those who practice the wisdom. The AHC program features a comprehensive curriculum designed to give the individual in-depth knowledge and understanding in the philosophy, principles, theory and practical application in Ayurvedic preventive care. The course is structured to align with classical Ayurvedic texts, offering an authentic education in the traditional Vedic system of knowledge.
The emphasis of the level I AHC program is on healthy living and prevention of disease. At this level, students are taught a classical foundation in Ayurvedic theory. They may immediately apply the principles to their own lives and share with others. Over the course of the program, students gain a variety of skills in Ayurvedic assessment of mind-body constitution and state of imbalances. After skills training in Ayurvedic counseling and deepening their knowledge of Ayurveda’s guidelines for prevention and healthy living, students gain confidence in applying the what they have learned in client settings. Through in class practicum and assignments, students practice assessing clients and making recommendations for general health and disease prevention through lifestyle adjustments, diet and seasonal guidelines.
For more information about the curriculum, please consult the course catalog.
Convenient Online Learning
With a robust elearning system, Kerala Ayurveda Academy connects a global community of students of Ayurveda, providing them with ease and flexibility of home study. All classes are live streamed and recorded for distance learning online so students may revisit the online archived classes later at their convenience.
Practical Immersion: Hands-on Training
The Practical Immersion is a 3-day hands-on learning experience designed to supplement the level I (Ayurvedic Health Counselor) curriculum. The Practical Immersion will be held near the end of the program.
Trondelag, Norway 7125
- Applied aspects of Ayurvedic Consultations & Counseling
- Herbs & Formulations
- Yoga, Breathing & Meditation
- Ayurvedic Bodywork Techniques
- Clinical Guidance/Referral
- Live Cases
Kerala Ayurveda Academy offers a premier faculty of doctors and practitioners with vast clinical expertise and experience in teaching, research and practice in several clinical settings, including Ayurvedic hospitals and centers in India.
For more information about our Faculty, please visit our Faculty page.
Student & Alumni Services
At Kerala Ayurveda Academy, we value the bond with our students – that’s why we call ourselves the Kerala Family! As part of the Kerala Family of students, you’ll receive expert support and guidance throughout your program.
Support during the AHC program
- During the live streamed classes, online students are able to interact directly with class moderators and faculty.
- Mentors are assigned to all students so they can receive guidance and support from Kerala Ayurveda’s seasoned practitioners.
- Student Support is available anytime to assist with educational service planning and tuition management.