Holistic Ayurvedic Coach (HAC)
Ayurvedic lifestyle beginner training
Spring 2024 early birds save $125 through Feb 29
No former knowledge of Ayurveda is required to join this program – we begin with the fundamentals of Ayurveda.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required to join this program.
The first 6 modules of this program are transferable to our 1-year, 600-hour Ayurvedic Health Counselor (AHC) program. Both HAC and AHC programs are beginner level certifications with professional potential and are prerequisites to our more advanced certifications.
Scope of Practice
Upon graduation, Holistic Ayurvedic Coaches can:
- Conduct Ayurvedic lifestyle consultations
- Assist clients in harmonizing mind-body-spirit
- Determine and analyze a client’s unique Body Constitution
- Advise clients on dietary, seasonal, daily, and nightly routines
- Educate on Ayurvedic principles
For more detail, please see the complete Scope of Practice: Holistic Ayurvedic Coach.
What can I do with my Holistic Ayurvedic Coach certificate?
- Be happier and healthier! First and foremost, this program is truly a healing transformation that will deepen your self-understanding, provide practical ways to live a happier, healthier life and help others do the same, including your loved ones.
- Start a wellness coaching business or align with other wellness professionals to create an integrative practice.
- Teach workshops and run wellness programs based on Ayurvedic lifestyle principles.
- Apply your knowledge to cultivate a niche for your existing career. Any career can be healing when you combine Ayurveda with it! Our graduates include chefs, graphic designers, fitness instructors, accountants, engineers, educators, interior designers, entrepreneurs, and many other walks of life.
- Licensed Healthcare Practitioners and healers from all backgrounds can apply their Ayurvedic knowledge to enhance their current practice. This is the perfect complement for Yoga Teachers & Therapists, Medical Health Professionals, Nurse Practitioners, Medical Doctors, Chiropractors, Nutritionists, Dieticians, Reiki Practitioners and more!
- Massage Therapists and Bodyworkers can expand your services offering Ayurvedic techniques and deepen potential results for your clients.
- Estheticians may enhance treatments, services, and products to include an Ayurvedic approach as well as target the root cause of common skin and beauty concerns.
- Get creative! Artists, writers and creatives may publish articles and produce content for sharing Ayurvedic wisdom, practices and remedies.
Schedule & Format
This program is designed for maximum flexibility, including online learning, evening and weekend class times, and live streaming technology. You’ll receive both theoretical and practical training, with a blend of live lectures, recorded lectures, clinical encounters and assignments.
6 Months – 300 Total Hours
6 Weekend Intensives – in person or live streamed*
1-Day Clinical Practicum – in person or live streamed*
12 Tuesday Virtual Classes – live streamed*
5 Group Mentoring Sessions – live streamed*
Online Recorded Lectures – elearning: self-paced*
Assignments – elearning: self-paced*
*Internet connection required
Choose one, change as required
Study 100% online
Weekend Intensives and 1-Day Clinical Practicum attended via live streaming
Join the Weekend Intensives and 1-Day Clinical Practicum in person
Spring 2024 program begins April 9, 2024
Our Academy & Wellness Center
In person classes are offered at our flagship U.S. Academy and Wellness Center located in the heart of Silicon Valley, nestled between the golden-green East Bay Hills, majestic Santa Cruz Mountains and beautiful San Francisco Bay.
The Kerala Ayurveda office is located on the second floor and includes a spacious classroom for lectures, conference room, consultation and Panchakarma rooms, Wellness lounge for our clients and Panchakarma kitchen/restrooms for treatment use. Our building offers additional conference and auditorium spaces.
Amenities include free wifi, tea and spring water station, break room and ample parking spaces. The center is located near several hotels, restaurants and shopping centers, with widely available ride sharing options. Nearby airports include: San Jose International (SJC), San Francisco International (SFO) and Oakland International (OAK). Our Student Support team can provide more information and local guidance for planning your visit.
Live streaming technology
We introduced live streaming technology to our Ayurvedic education in 2015. Our classes are currently conducted using Zoom and provide students an opportunity to study live and interact with faculty. Zoom can be accessed on mobile, tablets, laptops and desktop devices. Class moderators support our larger class sessions to provide a smooth technical experience. All live streamed classes are recorded for later viewing in our elearning system.
Our courses are powered by a robust elearning system that connects our global community of students and faculty. The elearning portal is where students may access all of their course information, materials and curriculum, including: course syllabus, schedule, coursed manual PDFs, class slide decks, class notes and links to live streaming class sessions. The elearning portal is also where tests and assignments are conducted and where students may submit questions.
Ayurveda’s emphasis on lifestyle and routine can have a profound positive impact on those who practice its wisdom in their daily lives. The Holistic Ayurvedic Coach program is based on foundational Ayurvedic principles for practical, preventive health. Kerala Ayurveda bases our teachings on the classical Vedic texts, which are the root knowledge of this 5,000-year-old tradition.
Holistic Ayurvedic Coaches gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the philosophy, principles, theory, and practical application of Ayurvedic preventive health care. At this level, students are encouraged to apply the principles to their own lives and share with others. Over the course of the program, students gain a variety of skills in Ayurvedic lifestyle practices as well as an assessment of their individual mind-body constitution. After skills training in Ayurvedic coaching, students gain confidence in applying what they have learned in client settings.
For more information about the curriculum, please consult the course catalog.
The history of Ayurvedic science
Journey into the world of traditional Indian medicine, the oldest known documented healthcare system alive today. This profound indigenous wisdom is your new home. You are a torch bearer of a long and rich lineage.
Core principles of Ayurveda
Build a foundation for holistic wisdom with Ayurveda’s building blocks including Sankhya philosophy, Ayurveda’s definition of health, the elements, Doshas and Ayurvedic constitution.
Ayurvedic Physiology and Psychology
Explore how Ayurvedic science connects the many layers of our existence and acknowledges our multifaceted consciousness. You’ll deepen your mind-body connection as you tune into the subtle energetics that greatly impact our health.
Cooking and Nutrition
No rules, just guidelines - Ayurveda can inspire everyone to adapt their eating habits for optimal wellness. You’ll learn about the mind-body-gut connection, best lifestyle practices for digestion, how to personalize a diet, and how to work with healing spices. Recipes included!
Seasonal and Preventive Care
Ayurveda is inherently sustainable with applied seasonal care guided by its foundational principles of the elements and Doshas. Learn how to adapt your lifestyle and guide others to live more harmoniously within any ecosystem, season to season.
Yoga and the Mind
Yoga is Ayurveda’s sister science and provides complementary practices for wellness including the well-known poses, breathwork, and meditation techniques. It also offers a roadmap for calming the mind, reducing stress, and improving focus for living your best life.
Once you start studying Ayurveda, we’re positive you’ll want to share it. Applying all you have learned, hands-on training will allow you to practice assessing and helping others to improve their lifestyles using Ayurvedic wisdom.
Need more information or ready to apply?
Kerala Ayurveda Academy offers a premier faculty lineup including Ayurvedic doctors and practitioners with vast clinical expertise in both India and the U.S. They are accomplished researchers, educators and speakers, and are passionate supporters of spreading the wisdom of Ayurveda to health seekers and professionals in training.
For more information about our Faculty, please visit our Faculty page.
Our students are for life
Student and alumni benefits
- MENTORING: Student Mentors are available for enrolled students to support your learning journey. Our skilled mentors are trained and certified Ayurvedic practitioners who all love Ayurveda as much as they enjoy guiding others in learning it.
- COURSE SUPPORT: Our Student Support Services team is available anytime to assist with course administration, tuition management and planning your visits to our centers.
- EDUCATIONAL PLANNING: Enrollment Advisors on our Admissions team are available for 1-on-1 coaching to plan your Ayurvedic educational journey and support you in reaching your personal goals.
- ALUMNI DATABASE LISTING: Graduates are eligible to be listed in our online alumni database. Connect with your Ayurvedic peers and be part of a searchable database for health seekers to find Ayurvedic professionals!
- DISCOUNTS on Kerala Ayurveda courses, products and services.
Join the program
Spring 2024: early birds save $125 on tuition
Frequently Asked Questions
- The federal or state government or a loan guarantee agency may take action against the student, including applying any income tax refund to which the person is entitled to reduce the balance owed on the loan.
- The student may not be eligible for any other federal student financial aid at another institution or other government assistance until the loan is repaid.
- The level I Ayurvedic Health Counselor (AHC) program is 600-692 hours.
- AHC is a prerequisite for the level II Ayurvedic Practitioner (AP) program, which is 910 hours.
- AP is a prerequisite for the level III Ayurvedic Clinical Specialist (ACS) program, which is 2,500 hours.
- Holistic Ayurvedic Coach (HAC) offers All Online and Hybrid Tracks. HAC can be taken entirely online. In person attendance is optional.
- Ayurvedic Health Counselor (AHC) offers All Online, Hybrid and AAC Tracks.
- In person attendance is optional to complete the All Online and Hybrid Formats.
- The AAC Track is required to qualify to sit for the National Ayurvedic Medical Association Certification Board (NAMACB) certification exam as an Ayurvedic Health Counselor (AHC). The National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA) sets competency standards for professional Ayurvedic education. All Online & Hybrid students may transition to the AAC Track with additional in person training hours, at an additional cost.
- Ayurvedic Practitioner and Ayurvedic Clinical Specialist (ACS) certification programs require partial in person attendance. They cannot be taken entirely online.
- For all of our Training Porgrams, students are required to possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Holistic Ayurvedic Coach (HAC) and Ayurvedic Health Counselor (AHC) certification programs: no licenses or certifications in any field are required.
- Ayurvedic Practitioner (AP) requires an Ayurvedic Health Counselor (AHC) certificate or equivalent.
- Ayurvedic Clinical Specialist (ACS) requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Ayurvedic Health Counselor (AHC), Ayurvedic Practitioner (AP), and Ayurvedic Clinical Specialist (ACS) all require Anatomy & Physiology as a corequisite. This means that the A&P requirement can be fulfilled during the course and must be completed prior to completion to meet the graduation requirements. Learn more about the Anatomy & Physiology requirements here.