- This event has passed.
Debunking Ayurveda Myths: Fasting
June 1 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm PDT
Part of our Debunking Ayurveda Myths Panel Series!
You’re invited to join our Vaidyas & Master Teachers of Ayurveda for a live, exclusive discussion on some of the hot topics in Ayurveda today!
While we have just one word for fasting, it can mean many different things to different people. Some people fast for health reasons, and others for spiritual goals, though we’re all subjected to the same health indications of this activity.
Ayurveda has a lot to say on the subject, and Kerala Ayruveda’s Vaidyas (BAMS – Ayurvedic Doctors) and Master Teachers will share what the root ancient texts have to say about it. Join us to find out!
In this panel, we’ll discuss:
- Is there a concept of fasting according to Ayurveda for health and healing?
- Is the popular trend of intermittent fasting good for everyone?
- Is fasting considered a cleanse in Ayurveda?
- What about fasting for spiritual reasons such as to overcome attachment?
- What are the contraindications to fasting?
*This webinar is recorded. Sign up to receive the playback after the event.*
Vaidya. Sheena Sooraj, BAMS
Vaidya. Princy Prasad, BAMS, MS (AYU), PHD (AYU)
Vaidya. Jayarajan Kodikanath, BSc, BAMS
Vaidya. Dhanya C. Radhakrishnan, BAMS