- This event has passed.
PK001: Foundational Principles of Ayurveda
March 2, 2019 @ 8:00 am - March 3, 2019 @ 6:00 pm PST
One event on March 7, 2020 at 8:00am
We begin studying the roots of Ayurveda and how this “common sense science” system can help heal and maintain balance for life. Learn how the three universal energies and the five elements are important in maintaining health and longevity, as well as the fundamental tenets of an effective Ayurvedic health program.
In-class and live streamed for distance learners
- History and philosophy of Ayurveda.
- The three universal energies (Doshas) and five elements (Mahabhutas).
- Physiological disposition (Prakruti), imbalances (Vikruti) and dynamic balance.
- An Ayurvedic view of the universe and humanity’s place within it.
- A comprehensive introduction to basic Ayurvedic concepts: Agni, Doshas, Dhatus, Malas, Srotas and Marmas.
- Principles of Ayurvedic psychology.
- Principles of Ayurvedic nutrition.
- Concept of detoxification and rejuvenation
Current Students & Makeups
To access this class or for assistance in setting up a makeup session, please contact Student Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.