Kerala Ayurveda Academy is one of the largest Ayurvedic communities in the U.S. and a growing institution. We designed the Work Study program as a special opportunity for students to receive a tuition discount while immersing themselves in the educational field of Ayurveda. We crafted this program to allow maximum qualifying potential for candidates, as well as maximum flexibility, so students can find the time to complete their Work Study assignment at a reasonable pace during their academic program.
Work Study assignments are available for students in all locations. The location of the work performed varies amongst assignments: some require on-site attendance, while others can be completed entirely remotely. Priority assignments may be awarded to students in Milpitas, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Seattle, WA and Boston, MA.
- Enrollment of a candidate in an AWC or AWP program.
Financial need and selection of a tuition payment plan by candidate. The Work Study program is designed for prospective students who require financial support with their tuition. Individuals who are capable of paying tuition in full are not eligible for the program.
- Completion of the Work Study application by candidate.
- Assignment availability for the applicant’s unique skill set.
- Candidate must possess general computer skills, competency with Google Sheets, a Google Account, strong communication skills and an ability to collaborate with a team.
- Ability of candidate to complete 17 hours of work within the individual assignment deadline.
We are currently accepting applications for 2019 Spring and Fall Ayurvedic Wellness Counselor (AWC) and Ayurvedic Wellness Practitioner (AWP) programs.
Spring Deadline: March 29, 2019
For programs beginning Spring 2019
Fall Deadline: Sep 27, 2019
For programs beginning Fall 2019
- An online application must be completed to initiate the process. This can be done prior to program enrollment. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Application review by the Academy will take up to 2 weeks. At this stage, our Enrollment Adviser and supporting team members will work on matching assignments with potential applicants.
- Assignment option(s) proposal is shared based on current availability with qualified applicants on a first-come, first-serve basis, Assignments may be customized, when possible, to better suit an applicant’s skills.
- Enrollment form for an AWC or AWP program must be completed once the Work Study candidate accepts an assignment proposal to guarantee Work Study status.
- Work Study Agreement is drafted after the candidate has accepted the assignment proposal and enrolled in an AWC or AWP program. Once signed, the Work Study assignment may begin.