Posted: Jan 8, 2020
Kerala Ayurveda Academy seeks an organized lover of technology and learning to support the moderation of our in-class and live streamed classes. This position is part time with shifts available most weekends, depending on class schedules.
Qualifications & AVAILABILITY
- U.S. citizen.
- Local to Milpitas, CA and able to work in our Academy and Wellness Center.
- Available to work full days during weekend intensives – shifts are 2-3 days, including Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7:30am-6:30pm.
- Available for training prior to formal class moderation sessions.
$150 per day
Competencies & Skills
- Aligns with the core ethics of Kerala Ayurveda.
- Sets an example of compassionate care and works with high integrity.
- Functions in an organized fashion with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong written, phone, email and in-person communication skills.
- Possesses a calm, supportive demeanor.
- Capable of handling diverse needs of different individuals.
- Confident in troubleshooting challenges with technology.
- Offers a hands-on approach and is attuned to meeting the needs in a group environment.
- Proficient with digital technology and quick to learn new platforms. Experience with audio, visual and live streaming is a plus.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to class start to set up.
- Set up room: verify furniture is organized and materials are laid out (e.g. name tags, pens, course manuals).
- Set up technology including computers for live streaming, cameras, digital slide projector for in-class students.
- Verify class materials (e.g. slide presentations, class announcements) are uploaded and ready to present.
- Test cameras, audio and video; calibrate for best quality.
- As students sign in online, ensure online students can see and hear properly.
- Reminder instructor and students of Q&A policies.
- Track class attendance.
- Monitor moderator email inbox during class.
- Troubleshoot and respond to any issues that arise for students or presenting faculty either in person, in the class chatbox or via email.
- Contact students as a group if announcements are required in a professional manner from the moderator account.
- Monitor in-class room temperature if applicable.
- Seek assistance as needed.
- Be responsible for any emergency or non-emergency that may come up during the time that class is in session.
- Ensure classroom and property is secure if students leave the building.
- Distribute and return class evaluations.
- Break down equipment, clean up and tidy classroom and any spaces used at the end of a class session.
- Other duties as assigned.