Posted: July 22, 2022
Kerala Ayurveda Academy seeks an organized lover of technology and learning to support the moderation of our in-class and live streamed classes. It’s the perfect opportunity for an Ayurvedic student or enthusiast who wishes to increase their knowledge.
This position is part time with shifts available most weekends, depending on class schedules. It may be available for limited opportunities.
Qualifications & AVAILABILITY
- U.S. citizen.
- Local to Milpitas, CA and able to work in our Academy and Wellness Center.
- Available to work full days during weekend intensives – shifts are 2-3 days, including Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7:30am-6:30pm.
- Available for training prior to formal class moderation sessions.
$200 per 10 hour day
Competencies & Skills
- Aligns with the core ethics of Kerala Ayurveda.
- Sets an example of compassionate care and works with high integrity.
- Functions in an organized fashion with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong written, phone, email and in-person communication skills.
- Possesses a calm, supportive demeanor.
- Capable of handling diverse needs of different individuals.
- Confident in troubleshooting challenges with technology.
- Offers a hands-on approach and is attuned to meeting the needs in a group environment.
- Proficient with digital technology and quick to learn new platforms.
- Experience with audio, visual and live streaming is a plus.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to class start to set up.
- Set up room: verify furniture is organized and materials are laid out (e.g. name tags, pens, course manuals).
- Set up technology including computers for live streaming, cameras, digital slide projector for in-class students.
- Verify class materials (e.g. slide presentations, class announcements) are uploaded and ready to present.
- Test cameras, audio and video; calibrate for best quality.
- As students sign in online, ensure online students can see and hear properly.
- Reminder instructor and students of Q&A policies.
- Track and take class attendance.
- Monitor moderator email inbox during class.
- Troubleshoot and respond to any issues that arise for students or presenting faculty either in person, in the class chatbox or via email.
- Contact students as a group if announcements are required in a professional manner from the moderator account.
- Monitor in-class room temperature if applicable.
- Seek assistance as needed.
- Be responsible for any emergency or non-emergency that may come up during the time that class is in session.
- Ensure classroom and property is secure during class and if students leave the building.
- Distribute and return class evaluations.
- Break down equipment, clean up and tidy the classroom and any spaces used at the end of a class session.
- Other duties as assigned.