Immerse yourself in the practice of Ayurveda at a fully operational wellness center under the master guidance of Dr. (Vaidya) Jayarajan Kodikannath (BAMS). Dr. Jayarajan has over 25 years of clinical experience in both India and the U.S.
You’ll receive hands-on training in Ayurvedic techniques at the Practitioner level and be able to apply what you have learned managing a variety of cases across diverse ages and disorders. The program focuses on skills training in clinical assessment, creating Ayurvedic management protocol, implementation of Panchakarma, application of Ayurvedic herbs and formulation, Yoga and counseling.
Who should take this program
- Enrolled Ayurveda Wellness Practitioner student with four months of studies completed (through KAA204 – for more details, please consult the course catalog) .
- Graduate or student (on clinical topics) of an equivalent program – contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm eligibility or complete our application form.
This program is offered in one week segments, Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:30pm. One week is equivalent to 50 hours, including 15 hours of non-contact assignments.
- Current level II AWP students may complete up to four sessions to satisfy the 200 hour Clinical Internship requirement.
- Graduates of any level II program are welcome to join this program for clinical training and continuing education for NAMA PACE credits.
February 18-22, 2019 – Limited space left
June 10-14, 2019 – Limited space – recommended registration by May 9
Sep 23-27, 2019 – Limited space – recommended registration by Aug 22
Dec 9-13, 2019 – Limited space – recommended registration by Nov 7
Consultation/Clinical Assessment & Chikitsa
- Clinical Assessment
- Development of Chikitsa protocol
- Implementation of protocol
- Follow-up procedures
Bhaishajyakalpana (Herbology & Formulations)
- Herbs/herb blends
- Formulation making & dosage development
- Preparation for Panchakarma
- Implementation of Panchakarma protocol
- Post Panchakarma Rasayana
Counseling, Follow Ups
- 3 Case Papers with case history, assessment, samprapti, chikitsa – 9 hours
- 3 Panchakarma implementation report with details of materials used, procedure, etc – 6 hours